REGISTRATION WILL OPEN APRIL 1, 2020
What is the British Motoring Festival (BMF)? It’s the annual British Car Show put on by BATANS (the British Automobile Touring Association of Nova Scotia). Held in July every year, it spans three days for participants and one day, the Show Day, for visitors.
Everyone who can is invited to come to the Show Day to meet the owners and see some of the very different British makes and models. Ask the owners as many questions as you like, you’ll find they like to talk a lot about their pride and joy! You may even find a few British Motorcycles there as well. A portion of proceeds from the show will be donated to MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving).
For a taste of what you might see take a peek at some pictures from BMF 2019 which you can find here.
The eleventh annual British Motoring Festival will take place July 10-12, 2020, and once again will be held on the beautiful campus of the King’s-Edgehill School in Windsor, NS. King’s-Edgehill is the oldest independent school in Canada and the British Commonwealth, dating back to circa 1788. The 75 acre campus, featuring many acres of lawn and shade trees, is just 45 minutes from Halifax.
In 2019 more than 700 visitors to the Saturday events saw 135 participating British cars, motorcycles and trucks from New England, Quebec, Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces.
- Friday night, street party
- Saturday is the main part of the Festival:
- Breakfast for registered participants
- Public viewing is open from 10am to 4pm
- Parking is free
- General admission: $5
- Children 16 years and under: Free
- Registered Participant’s vehicles will be displayed on the showgrounds for Public viewing
- The Featured Marque will be the Triumph brand of vehicles
- Music by Emerald Tide
- Technical Sessions for registered participants
- Valve Cover Racing
- Awards Presentation
- An evening banquet for registered participants
- Sunday morning concludes the Festival with a breakfast at the Spitfire Arms for registered participants
For more detail see the BMF Programme